If you were to walk into any TEACH site, you would see volunteers of all ages teaching adults of different language levels learning how to read and write. The volunteers would be engaging their learners in phonic games, role-playing, reading stories, playing bingo, and maybe even creating historical puzzles and stories. These and other activities are available to all tutors as they help their learner acquire important life skills, and overcome the barriers of being labeled “foreign.”
How to become a tutor
- Call TEACH at 630-217-0396 requesting information about the tutor training program.
- Sign up for a free tutor training program
- After you have completed the training, we will match you with a student at an hour that is convenient for you – morning, afternoon, or evening.
- The minimum requirements are one hour per week with the same student on the same day, time and location.
- Our calendar matches the school year with a 6-week optional summer session.